The mission of Aflos & Crew Management B.V. is to stimulate the entrepreneurship of self-employees in a broad sense and to offer employment to temporary and permanent staff plus the provision of maritime services on board ships. Aflos & Crew Management B.V. wants to fulfill this mission by developing and offering appropriate services for self-employed persons and employees, at which the interests of the affiliated self-employees are also paramount. At the heart of this service is expert information and independent advice.
Aflos & Crew Management B.V.
Here you enter into a basic mediation agreement or a temporary employment contract. Aflos & Crew Management B.V. searches assignments for the registered freelancers and work for the temporary and permanent staff, contains the helpdesk, maintains the website, organizes activities / meetings, provides invoicing.
Personal data that we process
Aflos & Crew Management B.V. processes personal data. We use your personal data to offer services, improve our services and to communicate with you personally. We would like to inform you clearly and transparently about this. In this Privacy Statement we answer the most important questions about the processing of personal data by Aflos & Crew Management B.V..
Data that Aflos & Crew Management may need from you or that are necessary in the context of the purposes described below and that provided by Aflos & Crew Management BV in any case and at least processed, concern:
- Initials and surname
- Date of birth
- Company name
- VAT number
- Sector and profession
- Address details (consisting of street name + house number + zip code)
- Telephone number (mobile or landline)
- E-mail address (work or private)
- Bank details
Does Aflos & Crew Management B.V. also process special personal data?
Special personal data is sensitive data, for example about health or a criminal record, ethnic data or race data. Aflos & Crew Management B.V. only processes special personal data, such as data about your health, your criminal history or your Social Security Number if this is required to comply with legal obligations. This is only possible with your permission and only if it is necessary for our services.
Why we need data?
Once you have an agreement with Aflos & Crew Management B.V., we want to serve you well. For example, we use your name and address details to maintain contact and inform you about work-related matters, but we also process data if you ask a question about one of the services of Aflos & Crew Management B.V. to help you as best as possible.
Data can also be used for promotional or marketing purposes, which is in proportion to the type of service provided by Aflos & Crew Management B.V.. For example, to inform you about a new activity of Aflos & Crew Management B.V. If you do not want to be contacted, you can indicate this.
We can only use your data for a purpose other than that for which it was originally processed, if there is a close relationship between the two purposes. For example, if you register for an event and contact details are retrieved directly from the membership administration.
Aflos & Crew Management B.V. processes your personal data, the purpose of which is the execution of the agreement. This execution consists of a number of actions and activities, including, but not limited to:
- processing your payment
- to be able to call you if this is necessary in order to carry out our services
- inform you about changes to our services and products
- offer you the possibility to create an account within ‘Aflos & Crew Management B.V.’.
- to deliver goods and services to you
- the implementation or application of laws and regulation
What rules apply to the processing of personal data?
When processing personal data, Aflos & Crew Management B.V. is bound by the applicable laws and regulations and keeps track of developments. In that context, Aflos & Crew Management B.V. reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement in order to bring the text in line with the latest state of affairs, as stated at the bottom of this privacy statement.
How long do we keep data
Aflos & Crew Management B.V. will not retain your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data are collected. We are, however, bound by the statutory retention periods that apply to the storage of financial data, as well as the special personal data collected by Aflos & Crew Management B.V.. If the statutory retention period has expired, or if the ‘transaction’ has not been concluded, your data will in principle be deleted and/or destroyed.
Sharing with other parties / provision of data to third parties
Aflos & Crew Management B.V. has access to your non special personal data. This to ensure that we can provide you with maximum service if you wish to make use of one of our services. Aflos & Crew Management B.V. will only provide your details to third parties who are necessarily involved in the above activities and/or work or if a law or court order makes this possible or requires it. Your data will never be sold to third parties, provision to third parties will only take place if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement or to comply with a legal obligation or official order.
Aflos & Crew Management B.V. uses functional and analytical (Google Analytics) cookies.
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser ‘Help’ for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or application forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
If you are looking for more information then you can contact us via email@example.com
Security and protection of personal data
Aflos & Crew Management B.V. attaches great importance to the security and protection of your personal data. Aflos & Crew Management B.V. has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure your personal data and protect them against loss, alteration, misuse or any (other) form of unlawful processing. Every person at Aflos & Crew Management B.V. who has access to personal data and/or processes these, is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of these data, insofar as not otherwise provided by law or regulations. In the event that Aflos & Crew Management B.V. makes use of the services of third parties, Aflos & Crew Management B.V. will, within the framework of personal data protection, make agreements regarding the necessary security measures. If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to make the use of your personal page as easy as possible, Aflos & Crew Management B.V. can send you (automatic) service messages. For example, a confirmation of your registration or a confirmation of your registration for an activity (workshop etc.) organised by Aflos & Crew Management B.V., or a payment confirmation for inclusion in your own administration. These service messages only contain the personal data you have provided to Aflos & Crew Management B.V.. It is not possible to unsubscribe from these service messages. Aflos & Crew Management B.V. considers these to be necessary for a good user experience.
For other messages, such as announcements / requests, it is possible to unsubscribe by means of a reply to the e-mail for each e-mail or to receive messages on the subject concerned or from the organisation concerned. If you do not wish to receive information about Aflos & Crew Management B.V. or otherwise object to the use of your personal data, other than for the purpose for which the personal data were initially requested by Aflos & Crew Management B.V. at the time of your registration, you can inform us of this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Viewing, modifying or deleting data
Of course you always have the possibility to view, correct or delete all your personal data known to us. If you wish to do so or if you have other questions/remarks about the data processing, please send a specified request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, your personal data can only be consulted by employees who, in view of their position, must have access to it.
Privacy Statement changes
Aflos & Crew Management B.V. reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement, for example when laws and regulations require it. Changes will be visible on the website in a modified version. You should therefore consult our website periodically (www.afloscrew.com).
Your privacy rights
When you make a request for inspection, correction, objection or removal of your personal data, Aflos & Crew Management B.V. will in principle regard that request as a ‘complaint’. A complaint will be dealt with in accordance with the internal complaints procedure. You can submit your request via the online contact form, to be filled in on the website of Aflos & Crew Management B.V. You will receive a written response from us within two weeks after receipt of your complaint.
If you have any questions or comments about the processing of your personal data and this Privacy Statement, please contact the administration department of Afloskapitein B.V. at the e-mail address email@example.com.
At Aflos & Crew Management B.V. the safety of our systems is very important to us. Despite our care for the security of our systems, it can still happen that there is a weak spot. If you have found a weak spot in one of our systems we would like to hear about it so that we can take measures as soon as possible. We would like to work with you to better protect our customers and our systems.
We are asking you:
- To pass on your findings to us after the vulnerability has been discovered.
- Please mail your findings as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not abuse the problem by, for example, downloading more data than is necessary to prove the leak or accessing, deleting or modifying third party data.
- Do not share the problem with others until it has been resolved and delete all confidential data obtained through the leak immediately after the leak has been plugged.
- Provide sufficient information to reproduce the problem so that we can solve it as quickly as possible. Usually the IP address or URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability is sufficient, but more may be needed for more complex vulnerabilities.
Avoid in any case:
- Placing malware or backdoor,
- Copying, modifying or deleting data or configurations of a system. An alternative is to create a directory listing of a system.
- Making changes to the system.
- Repeatedly accessing the system or sharing the access with others.
- The use of so-called ‘gross forwarding’ to gain access to systems.
- The use of denial-of-service attacks or social engineering.
Last update Privacy Statement was drawn up on 13 May 2020.